ADSM-L

Re: ANS2619S with 4.2.1.x client for Windows

2002-02-20 13:53:46
Subject: Re: ANS2619S with 4.2.1.x client for Windows
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:43:01 -0500
My procedures for upgrading the TSM client are:

1.  First remove all the services. This includes all scheduler services as
well as the 2 web client interface services. I have .BAT files to do this.
2. Then I upgrade the client.
3. Re-install all the services. I have .BAT files that do this, too.

This way I avoid problems like this. I've also noticed that if I have the
services started, I get (or used to on previous levels) conflicts that a
file is in use. It may be more work that is needed, but I'm tired of seeing
QWERTY across my forehead! :-)

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.