ADSM-L

Binding Web Client to specific IP

2002-02-20 12:03:56
Subject: Binding Web Client to specific IP
From: _pkliste <pkliste AT SCHLUND DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:01:21 +0100
Hi there,
we have a few machines to back up that run the ADSM Web Client in Windows 2K.
These machines have a lot of ip addresses bound to the NIC.
My question is: Is there a setting to make the web client (and/or) the dsmc
itself listen/talk only on ONE SPECIFIC IP Address ?

Example: Machine has 4 IP Add. on one NIC
172.17.4.5  'internal Traffic'
212.189.14.7 external IP 1
212.189.15.8 external IP 2
213.9.44.6   external IP 3

After installing the client on the machine, the web interface is reachable from
all these addresses, and I want to reduce this to the 'internal' address - due
to security reasons......
Any ideas ?

| Peter Koch                      Schlund & Partner AG  |
| mailto:peter.koch AT schlund DOT de    Erbprinzenstr. 4-12   |
| T. 0721-91374-687               D-76133 Karlsruhe     |
| F. 0721-91374-20                                      |