ADSM-L

Re: More than one storage pool backing up to a single copypool.

2002-02-19 10:04:56
Subject: Re: More than one storage pool backing up to a single copypool.
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:01:32 +0100
Yes - just go on - its possible, no problem

herfried

"Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 19.02.2002 15:55:18

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

All,

        Is it possible to have two storage pool's backup to the same copy
storage pool?  I don't see anything in the manuals saying yes or no.

        We currently have a 'TAPEPOOL' which is backed up to a 'COPYPOOL' .
Then the 'COPYPOOL' tapes are sent offsite.  The original intention of our
TSM installation was for backup of 'server' data only.  The 'TAPEPOOL' uses
collocation.

        Recently a growing number of executives have "asked" to have their
desktops installed as TSM clients.  My problem is that right now each of
these desktops will "hog" an entire volume because of the collocation.

        What I would like to do is create a 'TAPEPOOL_PC' which has
collocation turned off and does a backup to the existing 'COPYPOOL'.

Thank You,
Jon Martin

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.