ADSM-L

Re: WARNING about Tivoli 4.2.1.0: .0 means none of the bugs found

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Re: WARNING about Tivoli 4.2.1.0: .0 means none of the bugs found
From: Hunley, Ike [mailto:Ike.Hunley AT BCBSFL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
The actual production release we put in production was not 4.2.1.0.  I
believe it was 4.2.1.1.  We have the same fear of anything .0 .  We had to
install TSM 4.2.1.9 because both the WEB client and the Admin interface
caused S0C4 abends in the OS/390 TSM Server.  We are now experiencing NT
clients refusing connection due to down level client code.  I downloaded TSM
4.2.1.10 based on advice from IBM.  This is supposed to correct this
problem.  In the mean time the NT Admins have been upgrading to TSM client
4.2.1  .

Question:  Are TSM admins usually responsible for installing TSM client
code, or is that task given to each platform Admin?