ADSM-L

Re: Restoring files from one client to another

2002-02-19 05:06:38
Subject: Re: Restoring files from one client to another
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:04:49 +0000
Hi all

Thanks for all the help on this. In the end I simply installed a TSM client
on the new machine and, as below, used the dsmc -virtualnodename=FRED. And
that was all it took, I could then restore files from the data backed up
for FRED to the new node. Much easier than I has expected.

Thanks again for all the posts regarding this.

All the best

Farren Minns

Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 15/02/2002
09:54:08