ADSM-L

Re: Backup NT Server via SAN with Emulex LP8000

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Re: Backup NT Server via SAN with Emulex LP8000
From: Seay, Paul [mailto:seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Remember, TSM takes control of the drives with its driver.  The Magstar
driver is overridden.  The TSM driver is not compatible with NTUTIL to my
knowledge.  There are also specific ways the drivers have to be installed.
Have you tried doing this with SCSI drives and NTUTIL and the TSM drivers?
I am guessing not.  I am presuming that you have already installed the TSM
SAN agent and configured the drives.  If not, then the Magstar driver is in
control.