ADSM-L

WARNING about Tivoli 4.2.1.0

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: WARNING about Tivoli 4.2.1.0
From: James, Doug [mailto:Doug.James AT BCBSFL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We tested 4.2.1.0 for a month, and then applied it in production.  After two
weeks in production, TSM died.  After sending IBM lots of data dumps, the
IBM help desk admitted that there were KNOWN BUGS in 4.2.1.0.  Our choices
were to backlevel to an older version of TSM, or move ahead to a BETA
version, 4.2.1.9, that was supposed to fix our problem.  We have been
running this Beta for about two months, but it is scary to be on the
bleeding edge.  I do not understand why Tivoli would put out code with major
known problems.

Doug James