ADSM-L

Power Distribution Unit Failure

2002-02-17 23:28:38
Subject: Power Distribution Unit Failure
From: Indra Gunawan <99iing AT PROGRAMMER DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:10:37 -0500
Hi all,

I am having a problem with 3494 library power distribution unit. Last week we
had an UPS problem inside data center room so we have to shutdown all of
equipment because we don't have UPS backup. I completely shut off the library
including power off the red switch at the front. And this morning, after the
UPS has been fixed and back to alive again, I turned on all of machine in data
center (a set of RS/6000 and some PCs) including the ATL 3494 but it failed to
power up the next frame which consists three 3590 tape drives. The power supply
unit in frame 2 cannot be activated. Because currently we still have 2 frame of
3494, I powered up the 3 3590 tape drives by plugged-in its power cable to the
host frame directly which still can be reached from the next frame. My question
are :
1. How to fix this power distribution problem?
2. Is it O.K running the library in above
   condition?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks anyway.
---
salam
salam
# ./indra