ADSM-L

Re: Turning off a 3494 library

2002-02-16 08:23:34
Subject: Re: Turning off a 3494 library
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:20:58 -0600
I'd run a TSM audit library at the end, just to make sure I got all the
tapes back in.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                      "Seay, Paul"
                      <seay_pd@NAPTHEON        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      .COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Turning off a 3494
library
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/15/2002 09:13
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

There is nothing special that you as a person have to do except make sure
your IBM people do it right.

1)      You can open all the doors and just take the tapes out.
2)      IBM will power down the library and deinstall/install it.  Movers
move it.
3)    Once IBM has reinstalled the library and aligned the track you are
set.
4)    Open the doors and just put your tapes in them.  They do not have to
         they were.
5)    Run an offline inventory (IBM will know how to do this if you do
not).
6)    You are ready once the inventory completes.
7)    Don't forget to connect the server backup to the library (TCP/IP,
RS-232).