ADSM-L

Re: Sun Solaris and Qlogic QLA2202FS (Sbus) and 3590-EIA

2002-02-16 05:56:56
Subject: Re: Sun Solaris and Qlogic QLA2202FS (Sbus) and 3590-EIA
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 11:48:38 +0100

Hi

The Qlogic adapter is not and IBM RS/6000 oem, it's a X-series(PC) oem.

The 6227 is a LP7000, and the 6228 is a LP9000. The LP8000 is not oem:ed by IBM yet. I know this because I have tried implementing the LP8000 on a P-Series 610. When running CFGMGR, AIX asks for a driver called devices.pci.fc.df1000f8. This driver doesn't exist for AIX, only df1000f7 and df1000f9(LP7000 and LP9000).

However, BULL has a driver for AIX wich supports the LP8000.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 7
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>