ADSM-L

TDP Domino

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: TDP Domino
From: Gill, Geoffrey L. [mailto:GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,
I have some Domino people trying to set up the TDP on their servers so =
we
can back them up. They seem to be having some trouble getting things to =
work
automated. They can connect via the GUI and back things up. Since I have
never seen/used it I don't have much knowledge of the product so here =
are a
few questions.

Does anyone running this have a "best practices" setup?

What do you back up daily?

What do you back up weekly?

How is the TSM server set up to expire old data? Or is it done via the
client?

Do you have any options files I can take a look at?

They are trying to run things in a command file, do you have any sample
files for each of the types of backups you do? I'd like to compare to =
what
they put together. It seems to be the only thing they have so far and it
looks like it's only backing up archive logs.

Here is what they have:
set dom_dir=3D"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\domino"
cd /d %dom_dir%
echo Current date is:>>domarc.log
date /t <NUL >>e:\logs\domarc.log
echo Current time is:>>domarc.log
time /t <NUL >>e:\logs\domarc.log
start /B domdsmc archivelog
/adsmoptfile=3Dc:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\dsm.opt
/logfile=3De:\logs\domasch.log >>e:\logs\domarc.log

They are running TDP on Windows 2000. I have an AIX 4.3.3 TSM 4.2.1.8 =
server
with the latest baclient and TDP for the Windows Client side.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614