ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Hi all
=20
Using version 4.2.1.9 of TSM for AIX, I last week restored a database
backup both from a 3584 and a 3575-L32. No manual libraries here. Both =
the
3584 and the 3575 was configured as automated libraries, each with 3 =
drives
in it. It worked perfect. So, perhaps this is a problem with 3.7, but I =

cannot read in the description from Kirsten what level they are =
running.
=20
If they are running 3.7, perhaps this is the problem. But with version =
4.1
and 4.2, there is no need to define a manual library. I have tested =
this in
real life, and it works.
=20
Best Regards
=20
Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergk=E4llav=E4gen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
V=E4xel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51
=20
=20
=20

                    "Ilja G.

                    Coolen"              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <ilja.coolen@        cc:

                    ABP.NL>              Subject:     Re: AW: dsmserv
restore db problem  =20
                    Sent by:             with 3494 libr

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

=20

=20

                    2002-02-15

                    13:25

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

=20

=20

=20
=20
=20
=20
Daniel, Thomas,
=20
=20
This issue was posted here by me in december last year, after =
experiencing
the problem that the database couldn't be restored using libt=3D349X.
=20
I was told by the guru's in this list that this was the situation since =
TSM
3.7, but a APAR was being developed at the moment.
In order to do a database restore with the current releases, you need =
define a manual library.
=20
I found it out the hard way, so i had to reinstall the TSM server code. =

=20
=20
=20
Ilja G. Coolen
=20
=20
  _____
=20
ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>
=20
  _____
=20
Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -
=20
=20