ADSM-L

Re: Sun Solaris and Qlogic QLA2202FS (Sbus) and 3590-EIA

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Re: Sun Solaris and Qlogic QLA2202FS (Sbus) and 3590-EIA
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf O=
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but the Qlogic adapters are oem:ed by IBM,=

so
if you buy a IBM FC adapter, this is normally a Qlogic adapter.

And the FC attached 3584 uses SCSI address translation against WWN.
We've
got this running today on AIX, and if you do a lsdev -C|grep rmt, you
will
get the scsi addresses for each drive. Same with the library(/dev/smcX)=
.
This should mean that the Qlogic adapter can handle SCSI >> WWN
translation.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergk=E4llav=E4gen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
V=E4xel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    "Loon, E.J.

                    van - SPLXM"         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <Eric-van.Loo        cc:

                    n AT KLM DOT COM>           Subject:     Re: Sun Solaris
and Qlogic QLA2202FS
                    Sent by:             (Sbus) and 3590-EIA

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-02-15

                    12:59

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi all!
I believe I heard about an issue with Qlogic adapters and SCSI address
assignments. For Qlogic adapters you cannot define fixed SCSI address
assignment (fixed relation between SCSI LUN's and FC World Wide Name).
So
if
another FC device is added to the host, your SCSI assignments are messe=
up.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines