ADSM-L

Re: AW: dsmserv restore db problem with 3494 libr

2002-02-15 08:41:15
Subject: Re: AW: dsmserv restore db problem with 3494 libr
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:32:58 +0100
Hi all

Using version 4.2.1.9 of TSM for AIX, I last week restored a database
backup both from a 3584 and a 3575-L32. No manual libraries here. Both the
3584 and the 3575 was configured as automated libraries, each with 3 drives
in it. It worked perfect. So, perhaps this is a problem with 3.7, but I
cannot read in the description from Kirsten what level they are running.

If they are running 3.7, perhaps this is the problem. But with version 4.1
and 4.2, there is no need to define a manual library. I have tested this in
real life, and it works.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    "Ilja G.

                    Coolen"              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <ilja.coolen@        cc:

                    ABP.NL>              Subject:     Re: AW: dsmserv restore
db problem
                    Sent by:             with 3494 libr

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-02-15

                    13:25

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Daniel, Thomas,

This issue was posted here by me in december last year, after experiencing
the problem that the database couldn't be restored using libt=349X.

I was told by the guru's in this list that this was the situation since TSM
3.7, but a APAR was being developed at the moment.
In order to do a database restore with the current releases, you need to
define a manual library.

I found it out the hard way, so i had to reinstall the TSM server code.

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -