ADSM-L

Re: tape volume format

2002-02-14 17:43:31
Subject: Re: tape volume format
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:41:23 -0600
You can use the mtlib command to query individual tape volumes, there is a
field called volume type which will tell you the tape format.

mtlib -l/dev/lmcp0 -qV -V#####

Replace ##### with your tape number.

This is really only good for checking one or two tapes, but you could
write a script to do this for many different tapes,

John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-484-5435
http://www.compures.com

"Blair, Georgia" <georgia.blair AT USAA DOT COM>
02/14/2002 11:45 AM