ADSM-L

Multiple Device Classes

2002-02-14 14:34:25
Subject: Multiple Device Classes
From: Denis L'Huillier <dlhuillier AT PERSHING DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:31:49 -0500
Hello,
I currently have one tape device class called 3590_CLASS.  All the tapes in
the 3494 belong to this devc.
I'm using K tapes for this devc.  I want to def another devc but I want to
specify a specific volume range
to use.  Is this possible?  I have old J tapes which I would like to use
for Archiving.  Actually, what I'm going
to do is do Lotus Notes Domino select db backups to this new device class
where I can eject these tapes once
a month to meet legal requirements.  I don't want to waste my K tapes on
this and I have about 1500 J's just
sitting around from the K to J migration.

Regards,

Denis L. L'Huiller
973-360-7739
dlhuillier AT pershing DOT com