ADSM-L

Re: PC Magazine Enterprise Backup Article - NO MENTION OF

2002-02-13 23:03:31
Subject: Re: PC Magazine Enterprise Backup Article - NO MENTION OF
From: "Stephen A. Cochran" <stephen.a.cochran AT CAHIR DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:00:51 -0500
On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 10:48 PM, Kelly Lipp wrote:

Right on.  One would never back that stuff up in the first place so what
difference does having that feature make?

Well, you'd be supprised how many people do back things like that up.
I'm not saying I'm advocating it, but it happens. They want their entire
hard drive backed up dammit, and that's what they'll get if they scream
long enough.

The proposal I've recommended is central document storage on some sort
of SAN/NAS, and the backups are happening locally. Much better in my
mind, but we have a battle to fight to get there.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College