ADSM-L

Re: How do you secure the passwd in a TSM admin command run a via batch script

2002-02-13 16:25:34
Subject: Re: How do you secure the passwd in a TSM admin command run a via batch script
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:22:50 -0500
You can name it /.a, an innocuous name (ooops. well, not anymore) that won't
appear in casual
ls listing because of the leading dot.
Then run chmod 600 so onlyy the owner can read it.
Then scripts can say "dsmadmc -id=admin -pas=`cat /.a` ..."

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris
CEO
Applied System Design