ADSM-L

TSM and sudo

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: TSM and sudo
From: Evans, William C [mailto:william.evans AT EDS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have recently "inherited" the S.A. duties and responsibilities for several
TSM servers and I find myself wondering why sudo has been installed for the
use of the TSM administration team.  Does the administration of TSM equire
root privleges for some of it's functions and, if so, that'd explain sudo
but how are the members of the list granting the apps team only the
privleges they need?   My company frowns heavily on anyone having root other
than the S.A.'s.
TIA,
Bill

Bill Evans, UNIX System Administrator
Phone: 719.535.4194
E-mail: William.evans AT eds DOT com
Pager: 1-800-759-8888  PIN 8775027415
Sametime Connect: c-bill.evans

 <<...OLE_Obj...>> ...the recognized global leader in ensuring clients
achieve superior value in the digital economy