ADSM-L

Re: Is it ok to exclude ntuser.dat, and usrclass.dat ????

2002-02-13 09:32:15
Subject: Re: Is it ok to exclude ntuser.dat, and usrclass.dat ????
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:29:43 -0500
Are you sure the user actually logged off vs. locked the keyboard?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV>
02/13/2002 07:00

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
????

Hi Wanda,

hmmm... I hear what you are saying, but we have a situation where a good
portion of our 600 windows TSM clients can't backup the ntuser.dat, and
sometimes the usrclass.dat, files even if the user IS logged off.... We
have
performed numerous trials on this, and it seems that windows sometimes
maintains the lock on these files even if the user is logged off.

We search the actlog each morning for messages like the one below, and
then
send an email to the user, which makes the user puzzled, which results in
additional work for us...  :

2002-02-12 09:44:03.000000      LIGHTBUG.NI.COM  ANE4987E Error processing
'\\ightning\c$\Documents and Settings\gooney \NTUSER.DAT': the object is
in
use by another process

Keith Kwiatek