ADSM-L

Backup Sets for Long Term Storage

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Backup Sets for Long Term Storage
From: Haskins, Mike [mailto:mhaskins AT AGWAY DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Our TSM server has a 3494 library with 3590 tape drives.  Now faced with
meeting long term storage requirements (7+ years), I am looking at
generating backup sets to accomplish this.  Since backup sets can be used
for stand-alone restores from a backup-archive client, I am thinking that a
different media type would be better than 3590.  There's not much chance
that many of my nodes could have access to a 3590 drive. DLT or 8mm seem
more appropriate.  Any experiences or opinions would be appreciated.