ADSM-L

Re: stroage media errors

2002-02-12 16:55:01
Subject: Re: stroage media errors
From: Allen Barth <allen_barth AT SCUDDER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:49:02 -0600
Mark the tapes as read-only.  When the tapes were added to TSM, it recorded
the fact that they are B1A density.  During reclamation, move data, and
audit vol, TSM tries to mount the tapes R/W.   The message is accurate
because you don't have any drives that can write at B1A density.  If you
mark the tapes as R/O, the E1A drives can and will be able to read them.

Been there did that.

Regards,
Al Barth
Zurich Scudder Investments

                    "Dearman,
                    Richard"             To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <[email protected]       cc:
                    DU>                  Subject:     Re: stroage media errors
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    02/12/02 03:38
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have this same problem the only way to solve it for me is to restart the
3494 library.  The drives show online and available to aix but the library
won't use them.  I have this problem whenever I reboot my tsm server.  I
then must restart the library as well.

Richard