ADSM-L

pc client scheduler looks at 1 server, gui looks at another serve r

2002-02-12 13:11:42
Subject: pc client scheduler looks at 1 server, gui looks at another serve r
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:09:21 -0500
Hello,
     I have TSM 4.1.4 on one z/OS 1.1 lpar and I am trying to test TSM 4.1.5
on a different z/OS 1.1 lpar.  The client that I am testing is a Win2000
4.1.12 client.  I changed the IP address in the DSM.OPT file, stopped the
scheduler, client acceptor, and remote client.  The client is defined to
bothe the 4.1.4 (production) system and the 4.1.5 (test system).  I started
the schedule and it started communicating with the production system even
though the IP address of the test system is in the DSM.OPT.  I started the
GUI client and it started a session with the test system.  How can this be?
I bounced the PC, same situation.  I shutdown all 3 and left them down for
an hour to let any network cache clear out, same effect.  I changed the ip
address again so it would use a different shared adapter and restarted
everything.  Same situation.  What is going on?
Matt