ADSM-L

Re: PC Magazine Enterprise Backup Article - NO MENTION OF TSM!! Where's the Air Support?

2002-02-12 12:36:38
Subject: Re: PC Magazine Enterprise Backup Article - NO MENTION OF TSM!! Where's the Air Support?
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:32:38 +0100
Hi Tim,

when I told the Tivoli TSM Product Manager for EMEA back in early 2000 that
_EVERY_ customer asks me about "And what about a networked based disaster
recovery with TSM?" and that I had to answer "Yes, you can restore your
systems with TSM but it requires some manual preparations and
interventions" he looked at me in such a lack of understanding that I asked
myself "On which planet does Tivoli live?" :-/

This is one of the greatest weaknesses of TSM (beside the poor
reporting...) and IBM/Tivoli hasn't been able to bring its own solid and
_useable_ DR tool to market in the last 10 years.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Enterprise Computing Solutions
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

Tim.Williams AT PBSG DOT [email protected] on 12.02.2002 18:12:45

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU