ADSM-L

Re: 3584 amd SDG R03

2002-02-11 17:17:07
Subject: Re: 3584 amd SDG R03
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:14:09 -0600
Eric,

Our 3583 uses HVDS drives and we see peak rates of over 12 MB/s per drive
as reported by topas.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
02/11/2002 03:33:50 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Hi Daniel!
The SAN Data Gateway uses High Voltage Differential SCSI interfaces by
default.
If your are using the default SCSI interfaces, your drives will probably be
also HVD drives. They perform considerably less then the Low Voltage
Differential drives.
The specs on the IBM pages (sustained data transfer rate 15MB/sec native)
are LVD transfer rates. You will never achieve this with HVD SCSI.
However, 2.5 MB/sec is very slow. What's the SAN Data Gateway's microcode
level?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines