ADSM-L

Solaris scheduled backup and ANS1071E

2002-02-10 11:14:50
Subject: Solaris scheduled backup and ANS1071E
From: Bob Booth - CCSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:12:22 -0600
We have been performing scheduled incremental backups on our solaris machines
for weeks with no problems.  On several of the machine lately, the schedule
will get a return code 4 bacause an 'invalid domain' was entered, yet nothing
on the machine has changed.

The domain list is placed in the 'objects = ' for the defined schedule on
the server.  The two domains we seem to be having trouble with are /opt or
/var.  They seem to just all of a sudden become invalid and produce a
ANS1071E in the error.log  The next night, the schedule will work fine.

This happens to different solaris machines at random times.  The filesystems
are busy, and they can't become unmounted or go away.

Has anyone seen this before?

Server:
AIX 4.3.3 TSM server @4.1.5

Clients: