ADSM-L

Re: Sql Agent 2000 and TDP 2.2 for SQL for a cluster configuratio n.

2002-02-08 17:30:36
Subject: Re: Sql Agent 2000 and TDP 2.2 for SQL for a cluster configuratio n.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:28:14 -0500
> Yes, SQL Agent is the SQL Server Agent service.
> Yes, the /SQLServer option is being used in all cases which is set to the
> virtual server name.
>
> When using the SQL Server Agent and the DSM.opt has the Virtual SQL
Server
> node name we receive the follow error:
>
> NODENAME cannot be the local machine name when CLUSTERNODE is set to YES.
> Process Exit Code 418.  The step failed.
>
> The dsierror.log shows the following:
> 02/07/2002 15:05:20 ANS1155E CLUSTERNODE option is set to YES but cluster
is
> not enabled.
> Either the machine does not have cluster server installed, or the cluster
>  server is not running.

Bruce, Tony,

Try setting the following variable in
the batch file that you run right
BEFORE you kick off the tdpsqlc command.

    _VIRTUAL_SERVER_NAME_=clus-server-name

where clus-server-name is the name of
your "CLUSTER virtual server" and
NOT the SQL virtual server name.
---
For example:
For example:

SET _VIRTUAL_SERVER_NAME_=VIRTUAL_SERVER_NAME
tdpsqlc backup * full /sqlserver=VIRTUAL_SQL_SERVER_NAME

Notice the values are different. One is the
virtual cluster name, and the other the
virtual SQL cluster name.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave