ADSM-L

Re: Sql Agent 2000 and TDP 2.2 for SQL for a cluster

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: Re: Sql Agent 2000 and TDP 2.2 for SQL for a cluster
From: Del Hoobler [mailto:hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> My SQL expert is having an issue with the SQL Agent and TDP for SQL in a
> Windows 2000 clustered environment using MSSQL 2000 . When you run a
backup
> from the SQL agent the DSM.OPT file must have the following:
>
> NODENAME                CLUSTERNAME (In this case LABCDB10)
>
> CLUSTERNODE     YES
>
> When run from the command line or TDP SQL GUI the opt file must have :
>
> NODENAME                VIRTUALNODENAME (Where SQL is loaded, LABVDB10)
>
> CLUSTERNODE     YES

When running this in a cluster, you should be using the
exact same NODENAME in the dsm.opt file for TDP for SQL
CLI or GUI.  If you use different NODENAMEs the backups
will be going to different filespaces.
It is our recommendation that the NODENAME you use
match the virtual SQL server name. It should not be
the cluster server name.

I am not sure I understand. When you say "SQL agent" what are
you referring to?  TDP for SQL?  The MS SQL agent service?
Or, do you mean the TSM scheduler?

Are you using the "/SQLSERVER" option when using the
TDP for SQL CLI and GUI? You should be and you must
specify the virtual SQL server name on that option.

For more details see Chapter 1 and Appendix C of the
User's Guide.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave