ADSM-L

size of individual database/log files for TSM

2002-02-07 20:22:55
Subject: size of individual database/log files for TSM
From: Yahya Ilyas <Yahya.Ilyas AT ASU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:05:23 -0700
Hi
We are using TSM server Version 4, Release 1, Level 3.0 on AIX 4.3.3
I added another 35 GB disk to the server, and want to increase database and
log size for TSM by defining new dbv and logv volumes.  Currently all the
.dsm files for database and log are 2 GB each.  I wanted to know if I should
create files larger than 2 GB, is there a size limit to these files?  Also
having 12 - 15  files of 2 GB each is better or fewer larger size files for
database and log.
Thanks