ADSM-L

Re: Moving filespaces between Storage Pools

2002-02-07 09:34:28
Subject: Re: Moving filespaces between Storage Pools
From: Bruce Kamp <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:38:24 -0500
If you are looking to move just a selected file system then I would assume
you can substitute the collocation form node to filesystem.
I'm in the process of moving from 1 tapepool to multiple tape pools.
If you are using collocation it's just a matter of using the move data
command.
If you are not using collocation then it is a little more difficult.
You need to find out what tapes the node/filesystem in question is on.
Then create a temporary tape storage pool with collocation turned on.
Then use move data to move filespaces to the temp storage pool.  The last
step will be to move data from the temp storage pool to the final
destination.
Here is the query I used to find the tapes that a node is using:

select distinct volume_name,node_name from -
  volumeusage where node_name = upper('$1') -

  and stgpool_name = upper('$2')

I hope this helps....

Bruce Kamp
Bruce Kamp