ADSM-L

Re: Unix GUI Again

2002-02-07 00:52:57
Subject: Re: Unix GUI Again
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:46:08 -0800
>I don't have a True64 client to test, but FYI I have had weird
>results in
>the past with the AIX gui if you don't have enough "colors"
>available for
>your session.  It's an "X" thing ...you would have to ask a
>UNIX heavy for
>more info about how X works, I've never understood it (and
>hope I never have
>to :>).

FYI,
In True64 it shows the excluded files in RED, I was finally able to get him
to follow the directions I was giving. He saw it, amazing how that works.

And this guy feels like he needs more access to my server.....NOT HARDLY!

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com>
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614