ADSM-L

Background / Foreground Performance

2002-02-06 13:09:40
Subject: Background / Foreground Performance
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:57:25 -0500
Started a thread last week regarding a problem we were having with an NT4
client not completing in a timely fashion if we contacted it via the TSM
Scheduler service. Got lots of ideas from the list on things to check but
have not been able to nail this down yet.

Surprise...Surprise - We now see it on 3 different TSM clients. They are all
NT4 SP6A 4.2.1.20. Two different TSM servers involved, both 4.2.1.20,  AIX
4.3.3. These are at two different locations so that along with the fact that
it does perform fine in the foreground, takes things like the network,
NIC's, and all of those other pieces along the way of getting the data from
the client to the server out of the picture. Or at least I think it does.
And we have 80-90 other clients that run just fine....at the same level.

Still open to ideas anyone may have.....Opening a call with Tivoli first
thing Thursday morning!

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.