ADSM-L

Re: Archive and keep last accessed date.

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: Re: Archive and keep last accessed date.
From: Alex Paschal [mailto:AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello, Lars.

Actually, I've done some pretty extensive testing on this issue under the=
 NT
"OS".  Please see the post...

http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0109/463.html

This is a pretty comprehensive test I did to ascertain the fact that the =
TSM
backup client does _NOT_ change the access time.  I did, however, encount=
er
a situation where the combination of McAfee Virus Scan (with Outbound Fil=
Scan turned on) and the TSM client did modify the Access Time on a large
portion of the files, but turning Outbound off alleviated the situation.
You can find the posts at...

http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0107/877.html
http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0108/30.html

May I ask how you're verifying the change of the Access time?  I used a P=
erl
script, myself.  If you're using Windows Explorer File > Properties menu,
that actually access the file itself and updates the Access time.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail