ADSM-L

TSM Restore Using 349X lib failes.

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: TSM Restore Using 349X lib failes.
From: Ilja G. Coolen [mailto:ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello you guru's.

Last weekend we did a migration to a new AIX/box with our TSM 4.2.1.9
server. Everthing was configured, installed. We were unable to test the 3494
library 'cause it was attached to the production environment, and we had no
spare available at the location.

This is what we did.

SOURCE
--------------------
RS/6000 - S70
RS/6000 - S70
AIX 4.3.3
TSM 4.2.1.9
7 x SCSI 3590E
1 x ESS ( 2 x Fibre Channel point to point)

TARGET
------------------
RS/6000 - H80     ( New BOX)
RS/6000 - H80     ( New BOX)
AIX 4.3.3             ( Cleanly Installed )
TSM 4.2.1.9        ( Cleanly Installed )
1 x 3494              (Moved from source)
7 x SCSI 3590E   (Moved from source)
Seperate ESS ( 2 x Fibre Channel point to point)

Library definitions:
define library libm libt=349x devi=/dev/magstar (lmcp0)
define dev 3590 devt=3590 format=drive mountl=drives
define drive libm drive dev=/dev/rmt1

We did these actions before on disaster recovery tests, and it worked fine
all the time. BUT NOW, we have preconfigured the whole environment, and
started a restore db. We got the message that the library type did not
support this action. We defined all settings like we always did. We needed
to define a manual tape library to do the restore. Automated restore db's
used to work fine. How come it doesn't work now? Could this be a bug? Or did
we make a mistake after all?

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage  <http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>
Web

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -