ADSM-L

Migration and Copypools

2002-02-03 01:42:57
Subject: Migration and Copypools
From: Mike Crawford <mcrawfrd AT TELUSPLANET DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 06:40:28 GMT
According to the ADSM Admin Guide:

Migration of files between primary storage pools does not affect copy storage
pool files. Copy storage pool files do not move when primary storage pool files
move.

If I have defined the following (AIX server, ADSM 3.1):
Primary Pool: Arcpool1
Copy Pool:    Backuppool1
NextStgpool:  Arcpool2
Copy Pool:    Backuppool2

Arcpool1 is backed up to Backuppool1.  Arcpool2 is the next storage pool, and
is backed up to Backuppool2.  If I migrate all the data in Arcpool1 to Arcpool2,
do the files in Backuppool1 expire?  Or do the files get backed up into the
second pool, duplicating the data again?

From the explanation in the Admin Guide, I would have guessed that the files
in Backuppool1 would remain as is.  But from what I am seeing now, it looks
like I now have two copypools with the same data.

If this is the case, what can I do to eliminate the first Copypool?

Thanks,
Mike