ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Tape Library

2002-02-02 07:29:04
Subject: Re: 3494 Tape Library
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 03:21:55 -0500
We have a tin can setting on the side that we turned off.  Moved everything
to the 3494 and 3590 not because the 3575 wasn't reliable, just wanted a
common platform.  Though, the AIX boys would probably go kicking and
screaming back to the 3575.  We have had some bad K tapes but only because
we had one bad shipment early in the manufacturing, about 14 months ago.  No
problems since.  We have HA on both our libraries, one full length the other
about 5 frames shorter.  Yes, they are big.  Except for the bad tape problem
everyone is pretty happy.  IBM responds to problems well, especially since
the CE lives at our site.