ADSM-L

Re: TSM v4.1 CD-ROM part number?

2002-01-31 16:23:43
Subject: Re: TSM v4.1 CD-ROM part number?
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:21:09 +0200
There is no need for part number. Just the version. Server for each
platform is on separate CD and has different part number. Clients and
manuals are separate CDs too.
Send a mail to swdist AT tivoli DOT com. Description what to put in the mail can
be found at http://www.tivoli.com/support/maintenance.html
And you will get whole package for v4.1 - all server/client platforms,
paper manuals and CD with docs.
Hurry up. According to Tivoli rules a customer is eligible for the current
and previous versions, i.e. 4.1 and 4.2 at the moment. When 5.1 becomes
officially announced you are no more eligible to get v4.1 - only 4.2 and
5.1.
Of course all this is true only if you have valid maintenance contract. If
your maintenance has expired and you (or your boss, predecessor, etc.) did
not renewed it before expiration then you are forced to stay with the last
version you have. The other option is is to buy after-license maintenance
at approx 2/3 purchase price.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Ken Sedlacek <Ken_Sedlacek AT KYRUS DOT COM> on 31.01.2002 21:42:34