ADSM-L

Re: Need help with TSM process slowdowns

2002-01-31 10:33:32
Subject: Re: Need help with TSM process slowdowns
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:31:02 -0500
Are you sure that the mainframe system programmer(s) didn't change anything?
Have you asked them about the performance settings of VTAM, TCPIP and the
TSM server? Also, like mentioned, make sure your OSA card(s) are set for 100
Full-Duplex. You can see these settings from the HMC or from the OSA/SF
utility.

If this is an issue of ALL backup sessions taking longer, then I would look
at the performance and settings on the mainframe, not necessarily TSM
settings, but OS/390 and OSA settings. I would check with your sysprogs on
changes and get them to look at the overall performance of the system while
TSM is doing a backup.

How do the other server processes run? The backup storagepools... backup
DB...? Are they running longer, too? If they are fine, I would concentrate
on the OSA cards and/or the VTAM and TCPIP performance settings (Either
IPS/ICS for compatibility mode or the service class for Goal mode).

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.