ADSM-L

Re: Background / Foreground Performance Mystery

2002-01-30 12:32:55
Subject: Re: Background / Foreground Performance Mystery
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:28:12 -0500
Thanks Dirk.....

TCPWindowsize is set to 63.
We do run with Shareddynamic but the retry count is set to one.

The part that just baffles me is that all of the various parameters that
have been suggested by the list are (or least should be) the same. It's the
same dsm.opt file, same disk, same processor, same NIC....etc. Only
difference that I know of is of course foreground vs. background which makes
me think it's a Windows issue as Wanda suggested....Just don't know where
else to look at this point.

I'll have to have another look at the network number. Maybe over the weekend
when I can afford to let it run all day. Usually I cancel the Scheduler
session and rerun interactively so we can get a current backup.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-240-6305