ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2000 and systemstate backup

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 and systemstate backup
From: Daniel Sparrman [mailto:daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi

Using TKG BareMetalRestore for TSM can do a fully automated restore of =
machine, and it's easy to use.

We have two customers running this, and a restore of a 20GB machine =
takes
aprox. 30-40 mins(depending on network and so on).

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergk=E4llav=E4gen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
V=E4xel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

=20

                    "Frost, Dave"

                    <dave.frost@GUARD        To:     =
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    IANIT.COM>               cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Windows 2000 =
and
systemstate    =20
                    Dist Stor                backup

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    .EDU>

=20

=20

                    2002-01-30 16:13

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

=20

=20

Hi *SM-ers

Rather than use TSM to backup systemobjects we are using NTBACKUP to =
backup
systemstate. This allows us to do a bare metal restore which TSM =
doesn't
support. However we appear to have no option but to backup =
systemobjects
with TSM because we feel much safer specifying all-local rather than =
using
specific drives in the domain statement. For machines utilising low =
speed
links it is impossible to get NTBACKUP's systemstate and TSM's
systemobjects
(at 220MB+ each) backed up and it is a huge waste of space to duplicate
these backups.
Does anyone have a way of either excluding systemstate from a backup or
automatically updating the domain statement to ensure that all local =
drives
are always backed up??

  regards,

-=3DDave=3D-
+44 (0)20 7608 7140
+44 (0)20 7608 7140

667.  The neighbour of the beast

www.guardianit.com

The information contained in this email is confidential and intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the =
reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  Guardian iT Group will accept no =
responsibility
or liability in respect to this email other than to the addressee.  If =
you
have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately via email: postmaster AT guardianit DOT com

This message has been checked for all known viruses by MessageLabs =
Virus
Control Centre.

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for =
the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities =
other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in =
error,
please delete this material immediately.