ADSM-L

Re: Querying Client's Management Class

2002-01-29 10:24:49
Subject: Re: Querying Client's Management Class
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:22:02 -0500
Mobeen,

I suggest this query, but it will be very long running.

First in dsmadmc do 'q co * active * t=b'.  Record the names of the management
classes that have the retextra or retonly values you are interested in.

Then submit this query -

select * from backups where class_name in ('mg1', 'mg2', ....)
where mg1, mg2 etc are the names you got from the query copygroup.

For archives do 'q co * active * t=a' and select * from archives ...

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab