ADSM-L

disk pool problem tsm 4.2.1.9=20

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: disk pool problem tsm 4.2.1.9=20
From: Burak Demircan [mailto:burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,
I am using TSM 4.2.1.9 on AIX 4.3.3 with 3583 Library (3 Drives on it) =

I have a disk pool about 3GB. All my schedules starts at 7pm but some
clients' files are over 1.8GB on a low bandwitdth. These clients
try to write next stg pool (to a tape pool) directly although their
destination pool is my disk pool. I came to a conclusion that due
to not enough space on disk pool during backup of many clients
some of them are trying to write tape pool even though tape drives are =
very
slow.=20

Do you have any idea to prevent clients to write my tape pools
directly (I use migration and at %60 the disk pool migrates to tape poo=
l).=20

I want all clients to write to disk pool and migrate them according
to above condition whatever the size or bandwitdh of data.=20

Thank you in advance
Burak=20

=