ADSM-L

Re: FC/ SCSI

2002-01-28 15:26:34
Subject: Re: FC/ SCSI
From: "Orville L. Lantto" <orville.lantto AT DTREND DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:22:00 -0600
We have seen 60MB/sec into a 3590.  It is not easy, because disk is SO
SLOW (even stripe sets) when compared to tape with high compression ratios
(4 to 1).  Our test was DB2 in  a Winterhawk II node in an SP using highly
optimized Shark disk over fibre.  The tape drive was on another Winterhawk
II node connected via SP switch.  All disk and tape was fibre.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.
121 Cheshire Lane #700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: orville.lantto AT dtrend DOT com
V: 952-931-1203
F: 952-931-1293
C: 612-770-9166

"Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
01/28/02 10:51 AM