ADSM-L

notes from a unloaddb/loaddb

2002-01-27 18:44:28
Subject: notes from a unloaddb/loaddb
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:41:27 +1300
For those that are interested, we just completed a unload/loadformat/load of our
TSM database.

Our system is a RS6K-F80 running AIX4.3.3 running TSM 4.2.1.8. The database is
60GB in size with a 97% utilization. Disk is on an ESS connected via FC.
We used an LTO drive to run the unload/load.

The unload took just under 16hours. It stopped displaying the progress after
a couple of hours (when are Tivoli going to fix this).

The load took 10 hours. Database utilization dropped to 61%

This is the first unload/load since we installed this system just over 12 months
ago.

I remember running this on our old Sun server round a year ago with a slightly
smaller
DB running TSM3.7.3.
The unload ran for a similar time but the load ran for almost double the time. I
think it may have been the result of a slower disk/CPU.

Cheers, Suad