ADSM-L

Re: Mitigating Risk with TSM's incremental backups

2002-01-27 13:11:35
Subject: Re: Mitigating Risk with TSM's incremental backups
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:09:05 -0500
> Remember that the source during the rebuild of the offsite tapes is the
> primary tapes.  So, if the primary pool is reclaimed it would be no
> different than a backup to copy stg pool.

Actually, I think there is a difference.  MOVE DATA's intent is to clear
off a volumes as fast as possible, and is why aggregates are not rebuilt.
I would agree with you if the offsite volumes were first deleted, and then
a backup of the primary pool was run.  Of course, since this is actually a
mixture of the two, it would work either way.

>  My understanding was that what
> you are saying is only true if the aggregates are in the same pool.  The
> other thing is you can do a RECONSTRUCT=YES and it will remove the deleted
> portion of the aggregates within storage pool as it is reconstructed.

Is reconstruct=yes an option on move data in 4.2?  It is not on my 4.1
servers.