ADSM-L

Re: VM TSM migration options: Veritas vs Netbackup

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: Re: VM TSM migration options: Veritas vs Netbackup
From: bbullock [mailto:bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        Wow, that's quite a sad tale. You have my condolences.

        I've had very little experience on Netbackup, but it's periodically
brought up in meetings. The claim of some folks is that on functions where
the TSM server software is weak (i.e. long restore times on filesystems that
are very large with a large number of files [1 million+]), Netback could do
it faster and better.

        Recently one of our foreign offices set up a small Netbackup
environment. I'll be interested in seeing how it scales for them.

Thanks for the insight,
Ben