ADSM-L

TSM Service failed during startup - Event ID 7022

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: TSM Service failed during startup - Event ID 7022
From: Stormy Maddux [SMTP:smaddux AT CO.SANMATEO.CA DOT US]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
On several of our NT and Win2K machines, with the 4.2.1.20 or 4.2.1 or
4.2.0 TSM client you get an error on startup/reboot "At least one service
or driver failed during system startup.  Use EvenViewer to examine the
event log for details."

The Event Log shows:
Event ID: 7022
Source: Service Control Manager
Type: Error

Even though the pop up error showed failed, and the event log showed hung,
the service shows started and the schedule appears to run normally.

On one NT Server, in order not to get the error, we had to install Version
3 of the client.

Any ideas?

Stormy Maddux