ADSM-L

Backing up multiple databases

2002-01-23 14:58:29
Subject: Backing up multiple databases
From: "Sarver, Theresa (Osky Unix Administrator)" <tsarver AT CLOWVALVE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:49:11 -0600
I currently have my production Informix database backing up to Tivoli.  I am
in the process of setting up my test [Informix] database to backup to Tivoli
as well...I think I have everything configured right but I just want to make
sure that I won't be compromising the production database in anyway.

Here's my production setup:

INFORMIX_PD --> INFORMIX_PS --> INFORMIX_MC
Copy destination is Tapepool_1 and the migration destination is Tapepool_2

Here's what I have setup for my test environment:

TEST_INFX_PD --> TEST_INFX_PS --> TEST_INFX_MC
Copy destination is Tapepool_2 and the migration destination is Tapepool_3

TEST_INFX_PD will be used only for some short term testing, after which time
the test databae (TEST_INFX_PD) will be removed from Tivoli, does anyone
forsee any problems with backing up 2-Informix databases to the same TSM
server?

Thanks in advance for your time;
Theresa