ADSM-L

Re: Assigning MGMT to SYSTEMOBJECT?

2002-01-23 14:40:58
Subject: Re: Assigning MGMT to SYSTEMOBJECT?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:37:24 -0500
Hi Mark,

No, we don't use NT Backup to back up the registry. We use API functions
that Microsoft provides for this purpose (probably the same functions used
by NT Backup). These API functions require that we write the backup to a
file, which is why we have the adsm.sys staging directory (as opposed to
sending the data directly to the server).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
01/23/2002 11:50