ADSM-L

Re: TSM and capacity planning

2002-01-23 13:58:18
Subject: Re: TSM and capacity planning
From: Justin Derrick <jderrick AT CANADA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:35:48 -0500
My approach is very similar, but probably a little more database intensive...

dsmadmc -id=<uid> -password=<pass> -outfile=tsmrpt -tabdelimited "select
filespace_name,sum(file_size) as \"File Size\" from contents group by
filespace_name"

The resulting file should be able to be parsed easily and imported into
Excel for down-to-the-byte accuracy on how large each of your filespaces
are.  I'm going to look at this a little more closely when I get home next
week, and maybe write a little Perl script to help organize it into
something meaningful.

-JD.